Wednesday, September 1, 2010

forgot to mention...

oh yeah, I forgot to mention how I will use the ethics of care in my life/career.  The ethics of care is kind of made into an occupation in the field of social work.  It is my ambition in life to care.  I'm going to start telling people that when they ask me what I want to do when I'm out of school:  "I want to care!"  Corny, I know, but I truly want that to be my goal in life.  If I don't make a lot of money, if I don't rule the world some day, and if I do nothing else in life to leave behind when I die,  I want to be satisfied knowing that I honestly cared for people.

3 comments:

  1. I don't think it's corny at all. I think it's a quality a lot of people lack and I hope I can "care more" by reaching out or providing more of my time to "caring" and helping someone else out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can totally relate to your statement of "I want to care after school." I feel as though I am always saying that to my friends and family and no one understands that as an ultimate goal in life because our society has made money and power the ultimate goal after college or even to have status in life for that matter. I am glad that there are people still headed my same direction- to lend a helping hand and to really care for others :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not corny at all! And that caring will probably make you way happier than a lot of money or ruling the world :)

    ReplyDelete